Gastric Sleeve Surgery for Weight Loss Purpose: Procedure, Risks, and More
“We, with our years of experience and a continuous urge to be the best, can help you lead a healthy lifestyle again.” – Dr. Vikas Singhal
In essence, the gastric sleeve procedure is a form of bariatric surgery that can help you eliminate fat from your abdominal area. Approximately 53% of obese people deal with being overweight due to any of their underlying health condition. Hence, for them, gastric sleeve surgery becomes one of the last resorts. But is it really the best option? Let’s know more about it to determine the answer to the question!
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- What is gastric sleeve surgery for weight loss?
- How is gastric sleeve surgery performed?
- How Gastric Sleeve surgery benefits you?
- How much weight do I lose after the surgery and recovery timeline?
- Will Gastric Sleeve Surgery cause any risks?
- What would be the cost of the surgery in Delhi NCR?
1. What is gastric sleeve surgery for weight loss?
The gastric sleeve surgery generally involves the partial removal of your stomach area. It, in turn, reduces the overall capacity of the organ. Thus, even if you eat a small amount of food after the operation, you will feel completely full.
It, sequentially, will reduce your appetite and help you to maintain your BMI rate in a proper manner. Due to this reason, doctors generally suggest this procedure for those individuals who have a BMI of 40 or more.
The surgery is performed through laparoscopy. Due to the usage of the minimally-invasive technique, your chance of recovery does quicken to some extent.
2. How is gastric sleeve surgery performed?
While performing the surgery, your doctor would remove a substantial part of your stomach. To do so, he will, first, insert a smaller laparoscope to check the overall condition of the organ. Then, he would begin the exclusion procedure with other surgical tools and instruments.
After that, he or she will adjoin the remaining section together to create a banana-shaped stomach area. Generally, 1/4th of your stomach would remain in its place after the surgery. You might have to stay around 48 to 72 hours in the clinic after the surgery.
Due to the surgical removal of your stomach, its overall capacity will reduce considerably. So, you will have to eat only 25% to 30% of what you used to consume previously. If you do end up having more food than you are supposed to, then your stomach will flush it out through vomiting.
3. How Gastric Sleeve surgery benefits you?
The gastric sleeve surgery generally comes with a wide array of benefits and advantages. The following are a few of them.
- It will lower the obesity-related health issues, such as diabetes, heart diseases, etc., to a massive extent.
- The surgical procedure does not require the need to place a gastric band on your stomach. It, in turn, reduces the chances of other health-related complications.
- It will eliminate the issues related to obstructive sleep apnea and help you to have a good night’s sleep.
- Your digestion procedure will normalize within a few days after the surgery. There won’t be any major complications as well.
- The overall weight loss will be a lot more prominent.
4. How much weight do I lose after the surgery and recovery timeline?
After the completion of the surgery, you will lose almost 60% to 70% of your excessive weight. So, you will get back your leaner figure within the course of a few months. It will require you around three to four weeks to get back to your daily life.
All-in-all, it might take you around a year to recover from the surgery or get used to your new daily routine. However, if you connect with Dr Vikas Singhal, then you will get several invaluable suggestions, which might quicken your recovery period.
5. Will Gastric Sleeve Surgery cause any risks?
Gastric sleeve surgery usually causes a few minor issues. Here are a few of them.
- Minor to moderate internal bleeding
- Blood clots
- Leaks from the stomach
However, refrain from worrying about it as the Dr. Vikas Singhal will help you stay safe and away from the previously-mentioned issues.
6. What would be the cost of the surgery in Delhi NCR?
The cost of the surgery usually stays in between INR 2 lakh to INR 3 lakh.
To cope up with your life after the surgery, you will have to follow several instructions and procedures wholeheartedly. They will help you to become healthier and lose your weight more proficiently. Hopefully, you shall get rid of other problematic diseases as well.