Hernias come in all shapes and sizes. So when it comes to repair of hernias, not one size fits all! Small hernias can be repaired laparoscopically with placement of a mesh with wide overlap with normal tissue. Large complex hernias and recurrent hernias usually need a specialized type of reconstruction of the abdominal wall so the gap can be brought together and reinforced by a large mesh.
Dr. Singhal was lucky to be trained in his Fellowship at University Hospitals of Cleveland by Dr Yuri Novitsky, who is the pioneer of the Posterior component separation technique for repair of large complex ventral hernias.
We are happy to say at Medanta- Medicity Hospital we carry out surgery for all types of hernias with the latest techniques and the most suitable technique for the patient with a great success rate.
The various types of Hernia surgery we perform are:
- Laparoscopic Ventral hernia repairs
- Open ventral hernia repair with onlay mesh
- Open ventral hernia repair with Rives-Stoppa retro-rectus mesh
- Open ventral hernia with Anterior Component separation
- Laparoscopic Anterior component separation
- Open Posterior component separation (Transversus Abdominis Release) with abdominoplasty
- Laparoscopic or open inguinal hernia repairs
Before & After
Hernia Tar Before- Large Hernia Before Surgery
Hernia Tar After- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction Surgery
✱ Results may vary person to person.
Make an Appointment
Send your request and let one of our experts care about it.