Appendix treatment in Delhi
The appendix is an organ that is located on the lower bottom right side of the abdomen. But its function in the human body is still unknown. Sometimes it gets inflamed and infected causing appendicitis. Appendicitis is also commonly seen in children during their teenage years. When the appendix gets inflamed, infected, or ruptured, it causes intense pain in the right bottom side of the abdomen along with nausea, and vomiting The signs and symptoms of appendicitis should not be avoided. One of the best treatments for the appendix is available in Delhi NCR. A team of the world’s best-skilled doctors, backed with professional experience at effective cost are easily accessible for appendix treatment in Delhi.
What is Appendix?
An appendix is a finger-sized tube, about four inches long connecting the large and small intestines. Some theorists suggest that it acts as a storehouse for good bacteria which helps in the digestive system while other experts believe that it is a useless remnant from past evolutions.
Any type of stomach pain, damage, or trauma, a blockage at the appendix's connection to the intestines, a digestive tract infection, inflammatory bowel disease, or any unwanted growths inside the appendix can give rise to appendicitis.
An inflamed appendix can burst open (rupture), causing severe pain known as appendicitis. Appendicitis can happen to anyone at any age, although it strikes adults in their twenties and thirties most frequently. If an appendix ruptures, bacteria can spread across the abdominal region causing Peritonitis infection which is dangerous and fatal.
What causes appendix?
Appendicitis is caused by an obstruction in the lining of the appendix, which leads to infection. The germs multiply causing more inflammation, swelling, and pain with pus in the appendix. The possible reasons for the infections in the appendix are
- Trauma or injury to the abdomen.
- The blockage in the region where the appendix joins with the intestines.
- Infections in the digestive tract, such as viruses, bacteria, or parasites, can cause appendicitis.
- Inflammatory bowel disease where intestines get inflamed.
- The hardened stool obstructs the appendix.
- Any undesirable growth Inside the appendix.
Signs & Symptoms of Appendicitis
Symptoms often appear suddenly and worsen with time in cases of appendicitis. One should not avoid or ignore the symptoms if they are quite frequent. Some common signs and symptoms are:
- Coughing, sneezing, inhaling, or moving causes severe abdominal pain or tenderness.
- A bloated stomach.
- Appetite loss (not feeling hungry when you usually would).
- Fever of mild intensity (below 100 degrees F).
- Nausea and vomiting
Cost of appendectomy
The cost of laparoscopic appendicectomy in Gurgaon may range from Rs 58000 to Rs 75000. Appendix treatment cost in Delhi will depend upon the skill and expertise of the doctor, the hospital location, and individual health conditions.
The cost of the surgery will depend on the location of the hospital, skill, and expertise of the surgeon, hospital costs, surgeon’s fee, medications required, etc.
After the surgical treatment, medications are necessary, along with regular follow-ups. Appendix treatment cost in Delhi will depend upon the type of treatment- whether it is surgery, medication, drainage, or surgery.
Appendix treatment cost in Delhi is available with Dr. Vikas SInghal. We offer the best services and at a reasonable cost.
Laparoscopic treatment of Appendicitis
- Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix.
- In case of appendicitis, removal of the appendix is necessary, and this surgery is possible through laparoscopy.
- Removal of an appendix is known as appendectomy or appendicectomy.
- Laparoscopic surgery is usually the chosen method considering the advantages over open or traditional surgery.
- Surgery is advisable, to remove the appendix and prevent further complications.
- It is always better for you to get the appendix removed rather than carry the risk of a ruptured appendix.
Why Choose us:
Appendicitis or an inflamed appendix needs medical treatment and care to avoid subsequent infection in the body. Appendicectomy. Is the laparoscopic surgical process to remove inflamed or burst appendix.. DR. Vikas Singhal is one of the top experienced doctors for appendix treatment in Delhi. His expertise lies in laparoscopic, bariatric, and metabolic surgeries for hernia, appendix, and other abdominal treatments. He is a board-certified surgeon by the American Board of Surgery. He's also a Fellow of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (FASMBS). He is a firm believer in providing honest and ethical patient care as well as the use of evidence-based medicine. With advanced and modern technologies he believes to serve the best possible care and speedy recovery to all his patients.
Appendicitis is a serious condition that requires immediate medical intervention. An appendix rupture results in a critical situation that can be fatal if not treated on time. If you experience strong abdominal pain, or any other symptom which is an indication of appendicitis, consult your doctor. One of the top appendix treatments in Delhi is offered with world-class facilities at Dr. Vikas Singhal Clinic. He offers one of the best appendix treatments in Delhi at affordable prices.
Accuracy, safety, and the greatest clinical outcomes are his reliable assets with his highly skilled team of doctors, anaesthetists, intensivists, and nurses. His clinic offers the most advanced technology and methods with centralised monitoring systems, operating theatres, a critical care facility, and 24-hour in-house radiography and pathology services seven days a week. His extended expertise in minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures ensures speedy recovery with minimal discomfort and a pleasant stay at the clinic.
An appendix is a small pouch-like part protruding from the colon or the large intestine. It is a finger-shaped organ that has no significant purpose in digestion, absorption, or elimination. The appendix is below your navel to the right.
Sometimes, bacterial invasion causes an infection, and inflammation in the appendix. This condition is known as appendicitis. If not removed at the right time, T Otherwise, the infection can spread to other parts inside the abdomen and can cause severe consequences. At times, this infection can be fatal if the appendix ruptures. In that case, an emergency surgery would be the need of the hour.
- Trauma to the lower abdominal area
- Stenosis or a block at the point of connection between the colon and the appendix.
- Infections of the digestive tract
- Conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease
- Any growth inside the appendix
The symptoms of appendicitis include:
- Pain in the middle of your abdomen that seems to be on and off
- Applying pressure on the area worsens the pain
- The pain increases by activities such as coughing or walking
- You may notice a swelling over the abdomen
- A high fever may be present
- You may also experience loss of appetite
The diagnosis of appendicitis is on the basis of the symptoms and some investigations.
In certain people, the symptoms may not be very clear to confirm the diagnosis where investigations such as :
- Complete blood count to assess the white cell number
- Urinalysis- to rule out the possibility of a kidney stone
- Pregnancy test - to rule out ectopic pregnancy
- Ultrasound of the abdomen
- MRI of the abdomen
- A CT scan is also an option after considering an ultrasound or MRI
- These investigations will point out an infection, inflammation, or an abscess
Sometimes, none of these will give a clear picture, but the doctor may decide to remove the appendix to eliminate the risk of a ruptured appendix and associated complications.
- An untreated inflamed appendix may burst inside the abdomen
- Bacterial invasion to other parts inside the abdominal cavity, causing a condition known as peritonitis
- Symptoms such as a high temperature, a rapid heartbeat, etc.
- An abscess may form around the appendix accumulating pus
- An untreated appendix may cause the development of a fistula
- Intestinal perforation due to the infected appendix is possible
On confirmation of the diagnosis of appendicitis, depending upon the intensity of the condition, the following may be the course of action.
- Antibiotics to control the bacterial infection
- Drainage of the pus to treat the abscess
- Surgical removal of the appendix
- This surgery is performed under general anesthesia
- Instead of a large incision, several small cuts on the abdominal surface suffice in the case of laparoscopic surgery.
- A small device known as the port is inserted into the incision
- The port has a camera attached to it
- The ports assist in inserting surgical equipment inside.
- The inflamed appendix is removed through one of the ports
- A small tube to drain pus is placed inside to clear the abdomen of the possibility of an infection
- You may return home about 48 hours after the surgery
- The incisions are small and it takes a short time to heal
- The duration of the hospital visit is greatly reduced.
Make an Appointment
Send your request and let one of our experts care about it.