Bariatric Surgery is truly a life-changing surgery! It can help with a new chapter in your life towards a HEALTHIER YOU! Find an apt solution with the Best Bariatric Surgeon, Dr. Vikas Singhal.
Bariatric surgery is the only proven method which helps with sustained weight loss over a long term and gives you significant long-term health benefits like the resolution of diabetes, high BP, high cholesterol, obstructive sleep apnea, etc. in more than 3/4th of the patients. It can help you lose around two third of the fat. Most importantly, it can give you a “good quality of life”. Planning a surgery but worried about the expense? Find affordable Bariatric Surgery Cost with Dr. Vikas Singhal.
What is it and how does it work?
Weight loss surgery, also called Bariatric Stomach Surgery, alters the digestive process so as to achieve rapid weight loss.
The surgery will either:
1. Limit how much the stomach can hold (Restrictive Surgery)
2. Limit how well nutrients are absorbed in the intestine (Malabsorptive)
3. Limit how much the stomach can hold and limit how much nutrients are absorbed in the intestine (combined).
Bariatric Surgery cost in Delhi
The bariatric Surgery cost in Delhi based on the choice of surgery vary as:
Type of Surgery Opted
Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
4.5 lakh INR to 6 lakh INR.
Laparoscopic gastric bypass
5 lakh INR to 7 lakh INR.
Laparoscopic adjustable gastric band
4 lakh INR to 6 lakh INR.
With Bariatric surgery the patient will not only lose weight but many obesity-related diseases will also be resolved or improved significantly. The bariatric surgery cost in Delhi is based on various multidimensional factors like:
- The Surgical procedure or the equipment used: The cost varies on the choice of the modern, advanced equipment or the technique like the laparoscopic adjustable gastric band, a gastric bypass, or sleeve gastrectomy is opted.
- Surgeon Name & reputation: A competent surgeon backed with years of experience has a renowned name and reputation in his field. The price varies a lot on the choice of surgeon, their qualifications, experience, and expertise
- Choice of a healthcare facility: India has several hospitals with international healthcare facilities offering inpatient care, high-quality treatment, and hassle-free discharge. The cost of healthcare facilities varies on their location, accessibility, reachability.
- Consultation & follow-up Charges: The bariatric surgery cost in Delhi also varies based on your number of consultations and advised follow up after the surgery.
Things you Should Know Before the Surgery
Weight loss surgery consists of a variety of procedures performed to make changes to the digestive organs of the body, resulting in weight loss. It is also known as bariatric or metabolic surgery.
Fat loss surgery in Gurgaon is available with Dr. Vikas Singhal.
Here are a few things you need to know if you are considering bariatric surgery to lose weight or manage your health better.
- Your doctor will determine your eligibility and go through your medical history for providing you with a good procedure
- There are different types of weight loss surgeries available such as sleeve surgeries, gastric banding, and duodenal bypass. Therefore, your surgeon will make the choice based on the reasons for your surgery.
- Just having the surgery will not help you to achieve your target weight. You must also make dietary and lifestyle changes to maintain weight loss and reap the benefits of the surgery.
- Embark on a healthy lifestyle routine a few weeks before the surgery. This will help you to maintain the change in diet and adopt a healthy schedule.
- Losing about 5–10% of your body weight prior to the surgery has better results in terms of shortened hospital stay and weight loss following the surgery.
- If you smoke or have diabetes, your doctor may need you to quit smoking and keep your blood sugar in check ahead of the procedure for the best post-operative efficacy.
- Inform the doctor and the nurse of any medications and supplements that you may be taking. This is important as they may interact with other prescribed drugs that you may need to take.
- Consult with your doctor about the realistic weight expectations for your condition.
- You may be advised to have a liquid diet following the surgery. Be prepared for this regime.
- Fasting may be required before the procedure.
- Take a shower before the surgery. You may not be able to take a bath for a few days following the procedure.
- Generally, 5 to 6 weeks are required to resume a normal diet. You will start with liquids and water, purees, a soft diet, and then to a healthy balanced diet.
- You may need to avoid certain foods that hamper your gastric function such as white flour
- Be prepared to take time from work, about 7–10 days.
- Maintain the follow-up schedule and follow all instructions.
With almost 20 years of experience, Dr. Vikas Singhal is the best weight loss surgeon in Gurgaon.
Weight loss surgeries commonly performed:-
1. Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
2. Laparoscopic Gastric bypass (Mini-Gastric Bypass or Roux-En-Y- Gastric Bypass)
3. Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band
1. Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy: It generates rapid weight loss by restricting the amount of food that can be eaten, it involves the removal of two third of the stomach. It is a restrictive procedure and patients feel satisfied after very small meals. It also decreases levels of “Ghrelin”, the hunger hormone that stomach produces. The expected loss of excess weight is approximately 60-70%. Bariatric Sleeve Surgery is now becoming the most frequently performed weight loss surgery worldwide.
- Excellent weight loss results.
- The procedure can be performed in around 1-2 hours.
- No rearranging of the anatomy.
- Less need for multivitamin and calcium supplementation
- As the major portion of stomach is removed, it is not reversible. It can be converted to almost any other weight loss procedure.
- Some patients feel heartburn or acid reflux symptoms. The treatment for the same is available.
2. Gastric Bypass: Gastric bypass is a type of bariatric surgery in which the way the stomach and the intestines take in food are manoeuvered to bring about weight loss. Following the surgery, the amount of food you eat will be reduced, and you will feel fuller faster than before. Also, the by-pass created during the surgery ensures that not much food you eat is absorbed.
Nowadays, there are procedures such as mini gastric bypass in Delhi. This is a relatively simpler surgery.
- The surgery is done under general anaesthesia.
- Depending on the type of surgery, one or many incisions are made.
- A laparoscope is a piece of thin tubular equipment with a light and camera fitted at one end.
- The internal structures are viewed on a monitor connected to the laparoscope.
- The equipment has a camera attached to its distal end.
- Once the incisions are made, the scope along with a video camera is inserted through the incisions.
- The monitor connected to the equipment helps the surgeon guide the tools inside the body.
- After the equipment reaches the stomach, a gastric pouch is created- an upper and a lower portion.
- The surgeon staples the stomach inorder to create a separation between the upper and the lower portions.
- The upper portion (pouch) is kept small, about the size of a walnut.
- The next step after the pouch creation is creating a bypass for the food to pass through.
- Two portions are created out of the small intestine, an upper and a lower portion.
- The lower portion of the intestine is attached to the pouch created from the stomach, thus forming a limb.
- The remaining upper portion of the intestine is attached to the lower end of the stomach.
- This connection lets the digestive juices reach the intestine and digest the food.
- The new connection created permits the food to bypass the lower portion of the stomach, duodenum, and a part of the small intestine.
- Once this is completed, the skin incisions are closed with sutures.
- Dr Vikas Singhal performs mini gastric bypass in Delhi and you can contact him for the same.
- The extent of weight loss achieved through gastric bypass surgery is more than diet, exercise, or lifestyle modifications.
- There is lesser absorption of calories from the food that keeps up the attained weight loss.
- A level of physiologic intolerance to foods such as sugar, excess fats, and carbohydrates is developed. This intolerance helps you to make mandatory healthier choices.
- For overweight people with Type 2 Diabetes, gastric bypass is a great choice to keep them off the insulin and free of other medications for at least a couple of years following the procedure.
- If you are not a candidate for a regular bypass, options such as mini gastric bypass in India are available.
- Your risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke reduces greatly.
- Blood pressure levels and cholesterol levels in the blood return to normal.
- If you are facing body image issues, the gastric bypass will help you feel better yourself.
- The stress of excess weight on the joints is reduced and relieved from symptoms such as pain and low mobility.
- Hormonal imbalances exacerbated by obesity such as PCOS, causing infertility, are better controlled after the surgery.
- The chances of having a thromboembolic attack (blood clots moving and getting lodged in major blood vessels) are reduced.
- Procedures such as mini gastric bypass in India offer choices for people who may not be able to get a gastric bypass.
- Symptoms due to conditions such as sleep apnea show a marked decrease after the surgery.
- The procedure brings about an irreversible change in the gastric anatomy.
- Food choices remain restricted throughout your life.
- Stretching of the gastric pouch may sometimes occur causing the stomach to return to its size.
- The disintegration of the staples causes them to break apart.
- Following the surgery, you need to take multivitamins for life because of the deficiencies caused by a restricted diet.
- Narrowing at the point of connection between the stomach and the intestine may occur after a while. This is called stenosis.
- Infection of the wound is a possible complication. Antibiotics may be needed to resolve the infection.
- Occurrence of moderate to severe intolerance to sweet foods causing nausea, diarrhoea, etc., also known as dumping syndrome.
- The risk of having gallstones increases, with extreme weight loss being the contributing factor.
- Internal hernias are possible after a gastric bypass, and they may need surgical correction.
- The chances of gastric or intestinal perforation are possible.
When is it needed and who needs it?
- If your BMI is more than 40 and you are extremely obese
- You have a medical condition related to obesity
- Your weight is more than 45 kg than your recommended body weight
- Mini gastric bypass in Delhi is available and you may consult Dr Vikas Singhal to see if it is right for you.
- If you have evidence of high blood pressure or Type 2 diabetes, which is complicated by obesity
- If you have tried to lose weight through diet, exercise, etc., but could not achieve it
- You must not have any medical condition that could complicate the surgery
- Dr Vikas Singhal is the right person for you to consult for mini gastric bypass in Delhi. He will guide you in every step of the treatment available.
3. Adjustable Gastric Banding (also known as the LAP-BAND): In this procedure, a hollow, inflatable band made of silicone rubber is placed around the stomach near its upper end to create a small pouch and a narrow passage to the rest of the stomach. To change the size of the passage, the band can be loosened or tightened which is done by adjusting the amount of fluid in the inflatable band. This is a restrictive procedure with loss of 40-50% of excess weight. Looking for the best Bariatric Surgery Hospitals in India? Pay a visit to Medanta, The Medicity.
- The band can be removed.
- No removal of any part of the stomach or intestines with a short recovery period.
- No nutritional deficiencies.
- Highest long-term complication rate amongst the bariatric procedures such as band erosion/migration/balloon leakage.
- Requires frequent visits for optimal adjustment.
- Less effective with people who have sweet tooth.
Who is an ideal candidate for weight loss surgery?
- People who are tired of trying non-surgical approaches to lose weight can certainly be benefitted by bariatric or weight loss surgery.
- You may be a candidate for weight loss surgery (Asian population) if you have BMI over 37.5 or BMI more than 32.5 and serious obesity-related health problems such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, sleep apnea etc.
Benefits of Weight Loss surgery
Apart from losing the excess weight, it has great effects on weight associated comorbidities. Most of the problems are cured in majority of patients.
Some of the benefits are given below:
- Type 2 diabetes – 82% complete resolution.
- Dyslipidemia (High cholesterol) – Improved by 70%.
- Hypertension (High blood pressure) – 62% resolution; 79% show improvement.
- Cures obstructive sleep apnea (Excessive snoring associated with obstruction of air flow to lungs) – improved in 80%. This is a serious medical condition which is underdiagnosed and can lead to heart failure.
- Better heart health.
- Cure for asthma.
- No more back strain and disk disease.
- Treats arthritis (Hip and knee pain needing joint replacement over the long term).
- Acid reflux disease is minimized.
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and cirrhosis (liver failure) can be cured.
- Cure for stress incontinence (Leakage of urine on straining).
- Treats PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome ).
- Reduces intertriginous dermatitis.
- Minimal pseudotumor cerebri (Headaches, nausea, visual disturbance).
- Cures Depression.
With all these benefits, multiple studies have now shown that there is a prolongation of life in patients undergoing bariatric surgery – with a significant 89% decrease in mortality at 5 years. In the study by Christou et al, they showed that in the control group the mortality was 6.17% at 5 years compared to 0.68% for patients undergoing bariatric surgery (Christou et al. 2004). For more information, consult the leading Bariatric Doctor, Dr. Vikas Singhal.
JOURNEY TO WEIGHT LOSS & FITNESS
Weight loss is not an event in one’s life but a journey, which can be easier if you have some support along the way! This is what we want to provide as a team at our Centre. Morbid obesity frequently is associated with so many severe and chronic medical problems We do a detailed comprehensive evaluation to help optimize your medical condition before the surgery so as to get the maximum benefits and minimize the risks associated with surgery.
The first step in the process is the “Initial Consultation”, in which we explain the process to you in detail including the types of surgery, expected benefits, and risks of them, what to expect before, during and after the surgery. This will help you understand the procedures and help you make an informed decision about what would be the best for you. Being well informed prior to the surgery helps to enhance long-term success.
Consult the eminent Bariatric Surgeon, Dr. Vikas Singhal today!
Why Choose Dr. Vikas Singhal for "Weight Loss / Fat Loss Surgery in Gurgaon, Delhi NCR"
Choosing to undergo weight loss surgery in Gurgaon, Delhi NCR can be nerve-wracking. It is major surgery and involves financial constraints and mental preparation. Dr. Vikas Singhal’s clinic helps you decide through the process and make a decision that would eventually help you lose weight and lead a healthier and carefree life.
Here’s why you should consider Dr. Vikas Singhal as your bariatric surgeon and why his clinic is the best around Gurgaon or Delhi NCR.
Equipped with trained surgeons
Regarding training, certifications, and expertise, Dr. Vikas Singhal is a globally trained doctor with over a decade of experience in bariatric surgery. He has even acquired the prestigious Fellowship of the American Society of Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery. Not only has he undergone tremendous training in ethical patient conduct, but he is also working on exploring newer and safer bariatric surgical techniques to satisfy patient needs.
Besides Dr. Singhal, his entire staff are professionally trained and certified practitioners to help change people’s lives for the better.
Get comprehensive evaluation
At Dr. Vikas Singhal’s clinic, you will get a comprehensive evaluation from weight loss counselors to help you decide the correct treatment path before going under the knife. They will work with you before, during, and after the surgery individually and in a group to help you accept the big change in your life.
Optimal care from surgeon and staff
Given how daunting bariatric surgeries are, Dr. Vikas Singhal is here to help you from the start till the end. Before and even during your recovery post-op, the staff is here to help and guide you at every step of the way and provide you with all the amenities you’d need for a healthier life ahead.
Making treatment accessible
The weight loss surgery cost in Gurgaon, Delhi NCR is quite high. However, Dr. Vikas Singhal prioritizes your financial constraints and suggests the ideal treatment plan accordingly.
Get accessory help
Losing weight through surgery is not an easy task, even though it might seem like that. Witnessing the sudden change in appearance can be a little taxing. However, this is where dieticians and mental health practitioners step in. Dr. Singhal’s clinic has ties with top-notch practitioners who will support you through the journey without any limitations.
Obesity or MORBID BMI can be fatal and lead to many comorbidities if not given attention on time. One can easily get rid of the painful and unpleasant experience of obesity and take the right step before the situation gets worse. Bariatric surgery in Delhi costs between Rs 4 and Rs 7 lakh with the equipment and technology alone costing roughly Rs 2.75 lakh. With the world’s best team and surgeons of Delhi, at Dr. Vikas Singhal Clinic experience the high-class international standards of treatment in your weight loss journey to live a healthier and more carefree life.
According to some studies, within 6 months of surgery, bariatric surgery patients might lose around 30-50% of their additional weight. Within 1 year following surgery, they might lose 77% of their additional weight. As per a study, they can maintain 50-60% of additional weight loss within 10-14 years of treatment.
You’ll qualify for bariatric surgery with:
- Failed efforts of weight loss with exercise and diet
- BMI of/above 40
- BMI of/above 35 and a crucial weight-associated disease like extreme sleep apnoea, hypertension or type 2 diabetes
- Teenage and you’ve undergone puberty with 35/above BMI and critical obesity-associated disorders like the above
Gastric banding is the safest and easiest kind of weight loss (bariatric) surgery. But it enables less weight loss than the other methods. Patients of this surgery will more possibly recoup weight in the distant future. Since the process doesn’t impact nutrient absorption, your risk of nutrient insufficiency is reduced.
The minimum weight that you must have for being eligible to be treated with bariatric surgery in Delhi includes:
- A BMI of 40
- 100 pounds on top of your absolute body weight
The best weight loss surgeon in Delhi, Dr. Vikas Singhal can guide you regarding your bariatric surgery eligibility.
Within 6 months of bariatric surgery, you will have dropped a significant amount of weight.
- Nearly 30-40% of your additional bodyweight will be reduced following in case of gastric bypass surgery.
- Almost 25-50 pounds of additional bodyweight will be shed following in case of a gastric banding surgery.
In both the cases of laparoscopic and open gastric sleeve and bypass surgeries, it comes as a guideline that you will require a recovery duration of about 2-3 weeks. However, sometimes it may take up to 6 weeks before you can retrieve work. Recovery is generally longer in open surgery.
Generally, about 3 months following gastric bypass surgery treatment, you can begin to eat regular foods. However, at every stage of the customized diet, you should carefully:
- Try drinking at least 2 liters of fluid every day
- Try to avoid dehydration
- Try sipping liquids between meals instead of with meals
If you have morbid obesity characterized by comorbidities or life-threatening issues, most of the insurance providers will cover your bariatric surgery costs by considering the high risks of your condition. For instance, Tata AIG Medicare can cover the cost of this treatment by including it in its special “No-Compromise Features”.
Even if you are full after having a meal, you will feel very hungry in nearly every kind of surgery for weight loss in Delhi including certain gastric sleeve post-surgeries. That’s because, although your stomach has been shrunk, your brain might still be habituated to your earlier diet and lifestyle.
After going through a gastric bypass surgery treatment, you are ideally expected to spend around 2 to 5 days in the hospital you are admitted in, or stay for a longer duration if complications arise. You must follow the instructions of the weight loss surgeon in Delhi whom you visit.
The cost of bariatric surgery in Delhi ranges from around 2 lakh INR to 3 lakh INR on an average basis. The treatment cost varies based on a number of factors like the reputation of the bariatric surgeon and the clinic that you visit, the extent of surgery required, etc.
The best bariatric surgeon in Delhi is Dr. Vikas Singhal (MBBS, MRCS (Glasgow), FACS, FALS), a reputed bariatric surgery consultant at Medanta-Medicity Hospital, the best bariatric surgery hospital in Delhi. He specializes in laparoscopic gastric and bariatric surgeries. He possesses FASMBS and Fellowship-Advanced Laparoscopic GI & Bariatric Surgery, Cleveland, USA.
When we talk about weight loss surgeries majorly, there are two major surgeries: restrictive weight loss surgery and malabsorption weight loss surgery. As both the surgeries are different, they help the patients to reduce their weight in different ways.
In restrictive weight loss surgery, the size of the stomach is restricted to restrict the amount of food intake while limiting the food the petite can have. After weight loss surgery, the stomach may hold only 1 ounce of food, although it may hold 2 to 3 ounces of food over time.
In malabsorption weight loss surgery, the absorption of food by the digestive system is changed. This type of weight loss surgery is more complex, making it complicated(such as gastric bypass). In this surgery, parts of the intestine are removed to create a crosscut for food digestion. The cross for food digestion makes the body absorb fewer calories.
Both malabsorption/restriction surgery helps create a smaller stomach pouch, which helps limit the food intake, which ultimately helps in weight reduction.
Dr Vikas Singhal and his team provide a definitive and firm package after completing the patient and evaluating his current medical condition and whether the patient has any additional or obesity-related medical issues. He always ensures that the surgery is performed in a standard facility, with standard protocols and standard safety care procedures.
Dr Vikas Singhal and his team perform surgeries at Medanta- Medicity Hospital-Depending on the room type and whether the surgery is performed laparoscopically or using a robot.
Dr Vikas Singhal and his team offer a variety of packages such as:
- The sleeve gastrectomy package starts from Rs. 220,000
- Gastric bypass package starts from 2,600 rupees
- Mini gastric bypass in Delhi package starts from Rs 26,600
- The fasting twelve bypass package starts from Rs. 275000
For the best weight loss surgeon in Delhi, India, please contact his team at the Medanta appointment line.
Weight-loss surgery, also known as bariatric surgery, includes the procedure of removing a part of a person's stomach or parts of the intestine to make the patient eat less food. This helps a person lose weight and reduces the risk of high blood pressure and other aspects of metabolic syndrome that occur with obesity.
This surgery helps in making the stomach smaller.
- Sleeve gastrectomy or gastric banding
The surgeon uses a gastric sleeve or gastric band to reduce the size of the stomach. After the operation, the person is advised not to eat more than one cup of food during each session. This significantly helps in reducing food intake.
- Gastric bypass
In gastric bypass surgery, the procedure allows the food to bypass parts of the digestive system, specifically the parts of the small intestine creating a smaller pouch. These surgeries can also reduce the size of the stomach. This surgery is generally more effective, but the only drawback/ risk is that there can be an increased risk of vitamin and mineral deficiencies in the body- as the body can no longer absorb many food nutrients/minerals.
A doctor may recommend surgery for someone with a BMI of 30 or more, depending on their individual needs. This surgery depends on the following factors such as
- Whether the person has complications due to obesity
- Is there any effectiveness of non-surgical treatments they have already done
Surgeons often perform bariatric surgery as a laparoscopic or keyhole procedure.
Currently, there are direct weight loss (or bariatric) surgeries performed throughout India. These include Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding, and gastric sleeve. These surgeries have their pros and cons, and none of them is a quick and simple solution to losing weight.
For obese and diabetic patients- bariatric surgery can increase life expectancy; however, surgeries sometimes can result in a loss of life expectancy for those with a very high BMI of over 60 kg/m2
Yes, gastric bypass surgery is painful - you may feel pain at the incision site or where your body was during the surgery. Some people may also encounter neck and shoulder pain after having weight loss surgery.
Contrary to popular belief, fat loss surgery is not "cheating". We want to make a point to bring this up during the initial consultations. Surgery does not lose weight for you. It does not allow you to eat terribly and stay thin after surgery. Surgery is just a mechanism to help you.
If you want to get Fat loss surgery in Delhi, then contact us.
Adjustable gastric band surgery is one of the best options for some patients, whereas sleeve gastrectomy surgery is generally the best option.
Yes, Sleeve gastrectomy in Gurgaon is safe as Dr Vikas Singhal, and his team perform surgeries of one of the best weight loss surgeons in Delhi ncr. Gastric sleeve surgery can be risky in some cases; however, complications can occur after almost any surgery.
A mini gastric bypass procedure can be very exciting. Some studies have found that patients tend to lose more than half of their excess weight just by the end of 18 months after surgery, While they have the potential to lose up to 90 per cent of their excess weight at the end of 60 months after surgery.
If you want to get the best mini-gastric bypass in Delhi, then contact our team.
According to Dr Vikas Singhal, one of the best weight loss surgeons in Delhi, India, people should examine every aspect when choosing a surgeon and hospital. They should be informed about the different types of surgery, whether robotic assistance is mentioned in a particular case, and what facilities are available in a specific hospital. A good post-operative support program with personalized services ensures a long-term success rate. His exceptional care team has resulted in better outcomes and a better quality of life for hundreds of obese patients who visit India for their surgery.
For the best and most efficient surgery, contact the Medanta appointment line. They provide weight loss surgery at a low cost compared to other hospitals.
The cost of the surgeries generally depends on many factors such as the type of procedure, the charge of the surgeon, location and the room. The cost of bariatric surgery in India varies; it normally ranges from Rs. 2,50,000 to Rs. 8,00,000 and sometimes more.
Cost of Sleeve Gastrectomy in Gurgaon with Dr Vikas Singhal
In Twin Room (3 Days Stay)
2.9 lac including Preop Tests
In Single Room (3 Days Stay)
3.4 lac including Preop Tests
Cost of Gastric Bypass in Delhi with Dr Vikas Singhal
In Twin Room (3 Days Stay)
3.4 lac including Preop Tests
In Single Room (3 Days Stay)
3.9 lac including Preop Tests
Make an Appointment
Send your request and let one of our experts care about it.