Bariatric Surgery: Types, Risk, Cost & Complications
“We can help you to bring out the best version of yourself.” – Dr. Vikas Singhal
Due to lifestyle-related issues, the problem of obesity has become quite prominent in modern-day society. Besides that, some people tend to get obese because of suffering from several ailments as well. In this aspect, bariatric surgery becomes a very promising solution. It is, in essence, a mildly invasive procedure, which does not affect your health at all. However, the surgery can be a little bit intricate. So, to finish the surgery safely and securely, you would require a safer pair of hands, just like Dr. Vikas Singhal.
Table of Contents
Feel free to go ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- What is Bariatric Surgery?
- Different procedures of Bariatric Surgery
- How Bariatric Surgery can help you?
- What can be the possible complications of bariatric surgery?
- What are the success rate and costs of bariatric surgery in Delhi?
1. What is Bariatric Surgery?
The term bariatric surgery refers to various types of surgeries, which are generally performed to reduce the obesity of an individual. These procedures tend to make some changes in your digestive organs to improve your BMI healthily.
The people who are suffering from diabetes, sleep apnea, or any other similar disease get obese too quickly. In this case, barometric surgery can prove to be their savior.
The surgeons tend to use laparoscopy to take care of your issue. As it is minimally-invasive, you will be able to get to your life pretty quickly.
2. Different procedures of Bariatric Surgery
There are various types of bariatric surgeries that you can opt for to address your physical condition. The following are a few of them.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery: Also known as Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, this procedure is generally performed through laparoscopy. It usually involves the insertion of small surgical tools in the upper abdomen and limiting the size of the stomach.
- Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery: The MGB is usually done for dividing the stomach into two pouches and reducing its overall capacity. Besides, during the surgery, the surgeon would also reroute your intestine.
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: Unlike the previous one, the Gastric Bypass Surgery is a more intricate procedure, which focuses on changing both your small intestine and stomach. With it, the doctors generally aim to restrict the amount of food that your stomach can hold.
- Gastric Plication Surgery: The Gastric Plication Surgery is one of the newest minimally-invasive procedures, which lowers the capacity of your stomach for around 3 ounces. It does not require the usage of an implanted device.
- Gastric Ballooning: As the name suggests, the Gastric Ballooning procedure involves the insertion of a balloon through your esophagus in your stomach. It, then, prevents you from eating up too much food.
- Metabolic Surgery for Diabetes: It is a form of metabolic surgery, which intends to correct your body’s metabolism rate, which gets affected by diabetes. It is usually done
- In the stomach, pancreas, and the small intestine of a person.
3. How Bariatric Surgery can help you?
Bariatric surgeries can be beneficial for you in several aspects. Some of them are as follows –
- Weight loss- Bariatric surgeries can help you to lose weight naturally. If the procedure was less-invasive, then you will recover pretty quickly from it.
- Relief from Tension- Obesity can, sometimes, cause severe nerve tension, which, in turn, can lead to depression. So, bariatric surgery can relieve you from it as well.
- Lowered risk of heart disease- The surgical procedures can enhance your body’s blood circulatory system pretty proficiently as well. Hence, the risk of heart diseases does get lowered a little bit as well.
- Avoid infertility issues- Obesity is considered as the prominent reason for infertility in men and women. However, owing to bariatric surgery, you can get rid of this issue as well.
4. What can be the possible complications of bariatric surgery?
The complications of bariatric surgery are not really too severe. But, they can be somewhat problematic. Here are a few of the issues that you might encounter after the surgery.
- The inability to consume a few specific types of foods
- Mild to severe acid reflux
- Chronic vomiting and nausea
- Stomach obstruction
- Dilation of the esophagus
You will get proper guidance after the surgery. So, you might not develop any of these issues at all.
5. What is the success rate and cost of the bariatric surgery in Delhi?
The success rate of bariatric surgery in Delhi revolves around 75% to 80%. You will lose almost 30% to 50% of your weight within the first six months. On the other hand, the cost of the surgery generally falls under INR 3 lakh. However, you can get the facility of customized pricing without any issue. Nonetheless, for that, you will have to contact them beforehand.
In essence, bariatric surgery serves as the last resort for the people who are dealing with massive obesity. Hence, if you do wish to opt for the procedure, then make sure to choose someone reliable and dependable. They will help you to bring the best out of you!