Obesity is a big issue in today’s world because of unhealthy diets and sedentary lifestyles. A BMI or body mass index of more than 25 places a person in the overweight group, while a BMI or body mass index of more than 30 places a person in the obese category.
Obesity not only harms general physical health, but it also puts you at a higher risk of developing illnesses such as cardiovascular disorders and other issues like diabetes, hypertension,and high cholesterol.
Bariatric surgeries provide a great option in such cases. Let’s look at the different bariatric surgeries and Bariatric Surgery costs in India.
What is Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric surgery is a group of surgeries that are often performed to modify the digestive system to help you lose weight. The surgical method used in bariatric surgery either limits the amount of food you consume or reduces your ability to absorb the nourishment.
Losing weight can be tough for many people, even when they follow a diet and exercise program. Obesity, if not addressed promptly, can lead to life-threatening circumstances, and in such scenarios, surgery becomes medically essential.
There are several types of bariatric surgery available.
- Biliopancreatic diversion
- Duodenal switch
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty
- Intragastric balloon
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Gastric Bypass
You can read more about Bariatric surgery here: Bariatric Surgery In India
Going through bariatric surgery can be both physically and psychologically taxing. In addition to this, there are financial issues too. It is normal to be inquisitive about the Bariatric Surgery Cost in India as well as any additional expenses before undergoing the surgery.
How much does Bariatric Surgery Cost in India?
The cost of the overall surgery is highly variable as multiple factors come into play when deciding the final cost.
Some of the most common factors that can lead to a variation in the Bariatric Surgery Cost in India are:
- The type of surgery chosen: Because bariatric surgery consists of many treatments, the costs associated with each operation vary. The total cost of bariatric surgery might vary considerably depending on the specific surgical method chosen after a thorough and detailed study of your body type and needs. The expense of surgery rises in direct proportion to its complexity. The Weight Loss Surgery Costs in India for different procedures is mentioned below.
- The sleeve gastrectomy, which involves restructuring the stomach to look like a tube, is typically regarded as a cost-effective option. This procedure is less difficult and less expensive when compared to other bariatric procedures.
Given below is a rough estimation for the Sleeve Gastrectomy Bariatric Surgery Cost in India
|New Delhi||INR 2,10,000- 3,70,000|
|Mumbai||INR 2,25,000- 3,75,000|
|Bangalore||INR 2,40,000- 4,00,000|
|Gurgaon||INR 2,10,000- 3,70,000|
|Pune||INR 2,25,000- 3,75,000|
|Kolkata||INR 2,50,000- 4,70,000|
- Another treatment that might affect the entire cost is gastric bypass surgery. It is slightly more sophisticated and costly than sleeve gastrectomy. During this surgery, the surgeon bypasses the major sections of the stomach, resulting in a reduction in food capacity.
The gastric bypass Bariatric Surgery Cost in India is given below.
|New Delhi||INR 2,40,000- 4,75,000|
|Mumbai||INR 3,35,000- 4,40,000|
|Bangalore||INR 2,50,000- 4,00,000|
|Gurgaon||INR 2,40,000- 4,75,000|
|Pune||INR 2,25,000- 4,50,000|
|Kolkata||INR 2,70,000- 4,75,000|
- Biliopancreatic diversion: The bulk of the intestine and stomach are bypassed in this operation, limiting the quantity of food you may consume and absorb. It is one of the most difficult and sophisticated treatments accessible.
Given below is a rough estimation for the Biliopancreatic diversion Bariatric Surgery Cost in India
|New Delhi||INR 3,40,000- 5,75,000|
|Mumbai||INR 3,35,000- 5,40,000|
|Bangalore||INR 3,50,000- 5,20,000|
|Gurgoan||INR 2,90,000- 5,75,000|
|Pune||INR 3,25,000- 5,50,000|
|Kolkata||INR 3,20,000- 5,75,000|
Disclaimer: All of the Bariatric Surgery costs in India shown above are merely for reference, and the final price will be determined after comprehensive consultation and full body checkup.
Other factors that might influence the overall Bariatric Surgery Cost in India include:
- The clinic/ hospital chosen: The clinic/ hospital you choose plays a vital role in determining the final cost. If the clinic is located in a city, the fees will be higher due to the increased demand. As a result, Weight Loss Surgery Costs in India will be slightly more expensive in clinics located in urban and metropolitan areas.
It is critical to choose a clinic that is conveniently accessible, has all of the necessary facilities nearby, and is simple to reach.
- The extent of surgery: for those with severe cases of correction and obesity, the surgery takes longer and becomes more difficult. As a result, the ultimate Bariatric Surgery Cost in India would be more for someone whose surgery was less complex.
- The reputation of the clinic/hospital: Before undergoing bariatric surgery, it is critical to examine the clinic’s overall reputation. The cost of bariatric surgery would be slightly more in highly regarded and well-known facilities.
A good reputation, on the other hand, leads to higher patient satisfaction and better value for the money you pay. So, the Weight Loss Surgery Cost would be
somewhat higher than that of a less well-known clinic. You should always choose a facility with strong proof of prior success rates.
- Fees and reputation of surgeons: Bariatric surgery necessitates the choice of a bariatric surgeon who is skilled and experienced in the field of gastric surgery. Since it is a complicated operation that takes many things into account, a surgeon with past expertise dealing with a variety of various types of surgery is usually advised to ensure a successful procedure. A surgeon with greater expertise will charge more than someone with little to no experience, but an experienced practitioner assures a good procedure. This might vary the Weight Loss Surgery cost in India
- The utilization of cutting-edge technologies: as contemporary medicine and machinery improve, more and more operations are becoming robotic. It ensures a steady hand throughout the operation, and the equipment is quite expensive, therefore the use of high-tech equipment and cutting-edge technology might add to the overall cost of the surgery.
Breakdown of different Bariatric Surgery Costs in India
Aside from the aforementioned factors, there are a few other things that will cost money before and after the surgery. The following is a breakdown of the different expenditures before, during, and after which can lead to the addition in the Weight Loss Surgery Cost in India
- Before the surgery:
- Several tests must be completed before surgery. Numerous blood tests are performed to confirm the candidate’s medical fitness and that the operation will not be complicated.
- Other tests include an ECG to assess the heart’s condition and X-rays to obtain a better idea.
- During the operation:
- During the operation, there may be complications such as an operating charge cost, which is factored into the final surgical cost.
- The cost of various medicines that may be necessary during surgery.
- The procedure is usually performed while you are sedated. The dose of anaesthesia is determined based on your needs and must be extremely exact. The costs of anaesthesia are different for every surgery and give rise to variations in Weight Loss Surgery Costs in India
- After the surgery
- Following surgery, post-operative care may incur additional costs. After the procedure, the patient is kept under surveillance for a few days, during which time the cost of postoperative care might vary.
- After the surgery, several medicines, such as pain relievers, are provided, each with a different cost.
- Other operations considered: In many cases, bariatric surgeries are performed concurrently with cosmetic surgery to remove extra loose skin. If a patient chooses to do so, the cost may rise.
- Fee for a nutritionist: In general, it is important to pay close attention to your food following surgery. A nutritionist collaborates closely with the surgeon to develop a post-surgery diet. There may be other charges in addition to the price.
Cost of bariatric surgery in Gurgaon:
The cost of bariatric surgery in Gurgaon varies depending on the aforementioned criteria. A reputable clinic can provide a variety of procedures ranging from INR 2,50,000 to 5,50,000.
How do you choose the best bariatric surgeon in Delhi?
Choosing the right surgeon for your operation can be a very stressful experience. It is always a good idea to do your research and learn about the physicians and testimonials. A good surgeon is a major success element in surgery.
Dr. Vikas Singhal is one of the Best doctors in Delhi for bariatric and metabolic surgery. He has treated a large number of patients with his considerable expertise and years of working as a surgeon in the field of weight reduction procedures.
He is a member of several renowned organizations and is up to date on the most recent studies.
Consult Dr Vikas SInghal right now to discover a solution to your weight loss problem.